Monday, April 28, 2008

The Spiritual Armour

"The Spiritual Armour"
A Help for Early Morning Mediation
Arranged by: Joshua Klein
Eph 6:10-18

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your…

1. Loins girt about with Truth (v.14)

"Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day." Ps 25:5

"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles." Ps 43:3

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." Jn 8:31-32

…and having on the…
2. Breastplate of Righteousness (v.14)

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Mt 5:6

"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Rom 4:5

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." Rom 5:18-19

"For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." Rom 10:4

"Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Rom 6:13-14

"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom 5:21

…and your…
3. Feet Shod with the Preparation of the Gospel of Peace (v.15)

"…How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" Rom 10:15b

"For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!" 1 Cor 9:16

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." Jer 20:9

"Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles. I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer." Job 32:19-20

"I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation." Ps 40:10

"I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works." Ps 145:5

…Above all, taking the…
4. Shield of Faith (v.16) wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

"Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done. And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive." Mt 21:21-22

"He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God; And being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform." Rom 4:20-21

"Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it." 1 Th 5:24

…and take the…
5. Helmet of Salvation (v.17)

"[God] Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began" 2 Tim 1:9

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost" Tit 3:5

"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels." Isa 61:10

"And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." 2 Tim 4:18

"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." Zep 3:17

…and…
6. The Sword of the Spirit, which is The Word of God (v.17)

"Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." Ps 119:11

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." Ps 119:18

"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day." Ps 119:97

"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Ps 119:103

"…man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live." Deut 8:3b

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord." Col 3:16

"Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls." Jam 1:21

…Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"

No comments: