I have been working for the past little while on recording some music. I used to play guitar in bands and never have to worry about any other parts. Since I've been moving around so much in the past few years, I haven't able to get together with like-minded people to write with. So I built a computer and started to teach myself how to record. This is what I've come up with. The EP is called "The Branch of His Planting". Here is what theopenlife.com said about the album, "Tell your friends to settle down and listen up. The sophomore release of Joshua Klein's solo project, Salos, is a restful and contemplative selection of instrumentals. Aficionados may find it reminiscent of Unwed Sailor or Explosions in the Sky. More like a Chaniwa tea garden than an overgrown field, the album cuts back excess brush to plot comfortable and sometimes poignant paths with modestly overlayed guitars, e-bow, drums, and occasional viola. The Branch of His Planting comes with an accompanying sheet of texts and an invitation: the listener is encouraged to print out and read selected scriptures along with the music. Consider it a sort of guided tour through the well-cultivated vineyard of Joshua's fruitful thoughts."
For free download of the whole album, go here!




No comments:
Post a Comment