Thursday, February 26, 2009

Eden's first week...








Eden Rivers' first few days have been spent in a winter wonderland. It is gorgeous outside! The snow is heavy and thick. When we awoke this morning, we looked out the window and beheld all the trees white and glistening. It's the variety of snow that clings to everything. Our nook is overwhelmed with white!



Inside, we have been nestled from the daunting snow storm. It's nice and toasty in here. We are thanking God that our power did not go out this time! He and momma have been cuddled in bed learning together the art of nursing. I have been frantic around the house juggling endless phones calls, dishes, and attending to the needs of baby and wife. Julia's wonderful mother and sisters have been a tremendous help in this area, as I feel ill equipped for such an arduous task. I have the utmost respect for my wife who joyfully accomplishes these things daily. Praise God for such a wonderful woman.



Eden has been doing very well. A little jaundice, but no worse for wear. He has been cozy wrapped in blankets, cooing and singing. Sunday, I played some guitar for him and he was singing along. What a blessing it was to be making music with my son so early on in his life!



His eyes have been opening more and more as time passes. The first time he and I made eye contact was inexplicable. The three of us have been getting to know each other better and better in this time.



In the past week, God has surrounded us with a cloud of such generous people. We have been given a surplus of clothes and baby supplies. We have onesies plentiful, blankets in abundance, and teeny tiny hats coming out our ears. What a blessing! Hardly anything fits our little preemie because he's so tiny. Even though he was 6 lbs when he was born, he seemed smaller than most 6-pounders. He's sweet and delicate.



Today marks one week since Eden's birth. It has been unreal, to say the least. We woke up this morning to find a most gorgeous sunrise. It is as if the LORD painted Eden a heavenly masterpiece in celebration of his birth. We rejoiced with our son this morning in bed.



Julia and I have been so thankful to our Lord Jesus Christ. We ascribe all the glory to God as the Giver of all good things. Our desire is that our Lord might raise up our son for His Kingdom's sake. We know our son is not our own, but he is the LORD's, the God that owns all. Eden Rivers Klein is offered to Christ for His purposes and glory. Please pray with us that God would raise him up to salvation and use him mightily in gospel work in the world.



Thank you family and friends for your earnest prayers to God for us during this pregnancy. It has been a turbulent ride, but the LORD has ordained it for our good and we trust in His mercy in everything. Let this be yet another testimony of the goodness of God.

2 comments:

Michael Spotts: . said...

"We have onesies plentiful"

That warmed a smile onto my face.

Your sunrise photo is one of the most gorgeous I've seen anywhere.

PS: I suggest archiving these posts, since your son will probably want to read them, not to mention yourself, in fifteen or twenty years.

Michael Spotts: . said...

PS: These are rangefinders, as I told you about:

http://focusfirst.blogspot.com/2009/02/rangefinders-digital-and-analog.html