A previous post of mine concerning Abraham Juliot and Hyper-Calvinism has caused a small stir amongst mutual friends. My intention in the post was not so much to provide a polemic writing but rather to state a disagreement and warning. I felt that something needed to be said as these teachings greatly undermine the Reformed understanding of scripture in which our circle of friends has found a home. The warning was more or less to say, “To all those concerned: Please be aware that the orthodox Reformed faith is in serious opposition to these teachings. Do not be confused about what is being said. The Reformed community as a whole warns about these things as being dangerous.” The public withdrawal of my support of Abraham was necessary.
I have since had conversation with this brother. He feels that the links I provided misrepresent what he personally believes. Surely, this is most unfortunate. I would remind my readers that Abraham’s writings can be found here. (Specifically the post entitled ‘6 Reasons Why I am Not a 5 Point Calvinist’ will show these views.) The links to articles that I gave were only intended as a resource of information explaining the error of those who embrace hyper-calvinistic beliefs and the dangers of holding them. I am in the process of writing a response specifically addressing Abe’s words. In the mean time, I am still concerned with His views of eternal justification, anti-duty faith, denial of what is commonly called ‘the general call’ of the gospel, and what I see as minimizing the responsibility of man.
My previous post stands as stated.
Grace and Peace,
Joshua
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment