Monday, November 23, 2009

A Public Apology


It has been brought to my attention that I have hurt a brother in Christ. It was pointed out to me that my exhorting Abraham Juliot publically to "consider his ways and humble himself under the mighty hand of God that He may exalt him in due time" seems to imply that I was rebuking Abe for a sinful prideful heart. This would be wrong to do because I never personally came to him with a concern of his pridefulness. It was never my intention to bring that upon him. For this, I am very sorry.
I use this verse in 1 Pet 5 to constantly exhort myself to keep my own soul humbled under His mighty hand because this is where His gracious blessings reside. This exhortation is a daily one for all Christians. (See context of 1 Pet 5)
I do, however, see that it is very possible to misunderstand what I meant by using that scripture. My lack of clarity is shameful and a brother has been hurt by it.
Even though I am seriously concerned about Abraham's recent doctrinal convictions, I have absolutely no reason to believe that he arrived at them because of pride.
Please accept my apology.

Humbled under His mighty hand,
Joshua

No comments: